A 29-year-old man has died after being struck by a Domino’s Pizza delivery driver, it is reported.

Jason Francis was believed to have been lying on the road by his house after a day of drinking with friends when he was hit at about 8pm on Saturday.

His partner was reportedly waiting for Jason to come back home at the time.

After seeing flashing lights from the emergency services vehicles, she rushed outside but police told her Jason had been run over, reports told.

Jason had reportedly been hit by an 18-year-old driver in a white Volkswagen Jetta in Scarborough, Perth, Australia.

The teen reportedly stopped at the scene and called the emergency services, and Jason was taken to hospital but sadly he could not be saved.

Neighbours told Perth Now that the couple are English and moved to Australia less than a year ago after a round the world trip together.



Jason and his partner of eight years are understood to have moved to Australia after travelling the world together

Jason has been described as beautiful, outgoing, a thoughtful soul and a rare gem.

According to the Shropshire Star, Jason Francis was a former defender for Market Drayton Town football team.

Club captain Paul McMullen said: “You young man were such a fine piece of our puzzle at MDTFC during our success and it was a pleasure to be part of it playing along side of you.”

Drayton boss Martyn Davies also paid tribute to the player saying: “He was a 100 per center off the field as well as on it. You know he would run through a brick wall for his team and that was true of life too.

“He was honest, reliable and genuine – a truly big hearted guy, great to have in your team and your club and a true friend away from football too.”



Jason’s partner rushed outside the home when she saw the emergency services, reports said

According to reports, a spokeswoman from Domino’s said: “Our thoughts are with the family of the victim involved and we remain focused on the health and wellbeing of the driver.

“We will provide all necessary support during this time including counselling.”

Domino’s reportedly said a driver was heading back to a store when he hit a pedestrian.

The pizza company is working with police and it is understood no one has been charged.

Mirror Online has contacted Domino’s for further comment.

Read More

Top news stories from Mirror Online